Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Baked Oatmeal Bars

My girls love sweet treats, but I'm always trying to make them healthier.  They come by it honestly.  I love cookies, cupcakes & donuts, but I know I can't be eating that stuff a lot if I want to reach my goals.  Honestly my favorite splurge is after a few weeks of hard work to go on a date with my husband, order a nice steak and have dessert.  It's the perfect portion for me!  But on occasion I make a sweet treat at home for my family.  They love it and the healthier the treat... the less tempted I am by it.  SCORE!
So try these Baked Oatmeal Bars for your family.  I can't wait to hear what you think.  They would work in a pinch for breakfast although I might omit the chocolate chips or would make a pretty delightful after-school snack!

Baked Oatmeal Bars
Ingredients:
3 c. old fashioned oats
1 c. coconut sugar
5½ c. unsweetened coconut milk
½ c. organic peanut butter
3 eggs, beaten
1 c. raisins (or chopped pecans)
1/2 c. dark chocolate chips


Instructions:
1. In a large saucepan, combine oats, coconut sugar, coconut milk, peanut butter, and eggs.
2. Simmer over medium heat 20 minutes, stirring often, until thickened.
3. Stir in raisins.
4. Pour into greased 9x13 inch pan and top with chocolate chips.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until oatmeal is set.
6. Serve warm, makes 18 bars

21 Day Fix Conversion:
2 yellows

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!