Tuesday, March 3, 2015
Double Chocolate Banana Cake
Are you ready?! Ready for Double Chocolate Banana Cake?!
I had a bunch of ripe bananas and decided I should make something that my family would LOVE, but that is still pretty healthy!
3 medium ripe bananas
¾ cup coconut sugar
½ cup applesauce
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg, lightly beaten.
1 cup flour
½ cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1 cup dark chocolate chips
mini chocolate chips for topping - optional
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and coat an 8x8 square pan with cooking spray.
2. Combine the mashed bananas and sugar into a large mixing bowl and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
3. Add the applesauce, vanilla and egg. Stir to combine.
4. Stir in the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Add the chocolate chips and pour into the prepared baking pan.
5. Sprinkle mini chocolate chips over the top and bake for 25-30 minutes. Makes 16 squares, store in an air-tight container.
21 Day Fix Conversion:
If you're doing the 21 Day Fix you can have 1 of these and count it as a yellow, ENJOY!