For me, there's no better way to beat the summer sizzle than with ice cream, but I cannot enjoy ice cream. Every time I try to eat America's favorite summer treat my stomach turns into knots, but I always hated missing out on ice cream time with my family. So I created a little Shakeology ice cream that's not only super healthy, but super delicious too and I don't feel guilty at all for indulging on this treat!
Sea Salt Caramel Chocolate Shakeology Ice Cream
-Vegan Chocolate Shakeology
-1 ripe banana
-1tsp organic powdered PB (totally optional)
-1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk (you need some liquid to get it to blend)
-caramel flavoring, this may require taste testing based on your preference
-dash of sea salt
-lots of ice
1. Place almond milk, banana, then 1 scoop Shakeology, powdered PB, caramel flavoring, sea salt & ice into your blend
2. Pulse on low to get ingredients beginning to blend together, this will take some time
3. Remove blender lid and use a spatula to push "ice cream" down off the sides
4. Continue pulsing until ice is thoroughly crushed and your mixture now resembles "ice cream"
5. Makes enough for two! Serve in a bowl with spoon, ENJOY!
And I've found this best eaten fresh after blended. You can freeze it in an air-tight container for later, if needed. I hope this brings you some cooler and yummier summer nights with a healthy ice cream alternative. As someone who is 99% dairy free this recipe has been a lifesaver for me and honestly, every time I make it Jeff swipes a bowl and happily eats it. I think it's safe to say it's husband-approved too. If you craft some other healthy Shakeology ice cream creations please share them with me!
21 Day Fix Exchange (1 serving)